Do you think:
– Most people are honest?
– If you like someone, you should tell that person what s/he wants to hear?
– The best way to earn someone’s respect is to be kind and honest?
– The best way to earn someone’s loyalty is show him or her your power?
– There are no absolute rights and wrongs. "Right" is what works?
– Most people are extremely selfish?
– A promise is a sacred trust?
– Nice guys finish last?
The answers to these questions can disclose how Machiavellian you are! Machiavellian, the multifaceted propensity to deceive and manipulate others for your own gain.
"High Machs tend to take a more detached, calculating approach in their interaction with other people. They tend to believe most people are concerned only with their own well-being and to depend too much on anyone else is foolish. They believe some of the most efficient ways to achieve a goal are to use deception, rewards, promises, flattery, and even punishments to manipulate others into doing their bidding.
Low Machs tend to take a more personal, empathic approach in their interaction with other people. They tend to be more trusting of others and more honest. They believe humans are essentially good natured. At the extreme, low Machs tend to be passive, submissive, highly agreeable, dependent and socially inept; in contrast with those who are more Machiavellian, they have before also tend to believe that everyone has a good and bad side"
Are you a low or high Mach? Come on! You have some Mach in you. Don’t you?